Sunday, May 30, 2010

Old friends/new friends

My best buddy, Hazel, moved back to Trinidad yesterday after 2 long hard years! Hazel has been my closest, dearest friend for the past 14 years. We have been through so much together. She was in my wedding and everything. It was really sad to see her go, though I know here decision was the right one and led by the Lord. For several weeks, I have refused to face the reality that my buddy, the one I could talk to about anything and everything, my biggest cheerleader, was no longer going to live 20 minutes away. We were no longer going to be able to share babysitting. I don't think I have completely accepted what that means.

But, we have a really timely God. Today, Dave and I spent some time with another Christian couple, who have children similar to the ages of our children, and who really live a parallel life to us in many ways. I don't feel the sadness of losing Hazel as deeply, knowing that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him. Let's see what he has in store for the next chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment