Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sean and Abby



We're in the midst of final preparations to travel in the snow storm across the state to Sean's and Abby's adoption day.  We're praying the van holds up and does well in the snow, especially through the Laurel Highlands.  We are so excited to be able to finalize their adoption before Christmas.  What a fantastic Christmas present this is for us.  Sean keeps asking us if it's really going to happen, will he get presents and candy, if we're late to see the judge.  I don't know how a 5 year old brain can process his life so far and what's happening to him on Monday.  In some ways I think he's excited, in some ways, I think he's nervous.  I don't know if he can understand what permanency means, but we will have to walk through that with him until he feels secure.  Abby doesn't know that she ever lived anywhere else.  Her past placements are distant memories, that I think she sees in her dreams sometimes.  I think she views them as imaginary.  I am so excited that Sean and Abby will be officially Louis' Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment